Below is this week’s congressional update by BakerHostetler’s Federal Policy team. We’ll continue to post in weeks when both chambers of Congress are in session.
- Washington and its NATO allies are on high alert after Russia struck a Ukrainian military base only a few miles from the Poland border.
- President Joe Biden will host Irish Taoiseach Micheal Martin for a Saint Patrick’s Day celebration.
- Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson is continuing her courtesy meetings with senators ahead of her confirmation hearings beginning next week.
- The House will be in session tomorrow through Friday, voting on legislation to revoke permanent normal trade relations with Russia.
- Wednesday, the Energy and Commerce Communications and Technology Subcommittee will hold a hearing on 5G wireless technology.
- Also Wednesday, the Science, Space, and Technology Committee will hold a hearing on biofuels research and development.
- The full schedule of committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate will take up the nomination of Shalanda Young to lead the White House Office of Management and Budget.
- Tomorrow, the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee will vote on bipartisan legislation to reauthorize pandemic preparedness programs.
- Also tomorrow, the Senate Finance Committee will hold a hearing on Indo-Pacific trade.
- The current list of committee meetings can be found here.
- This afternoon, President Biden will speak on infrastructure at the National League of Cities Congressional City Conference.
- Tomorrow, he will celebrate Women’s History Month with Vice President Kamala Harris.
- Thursday, Biden will celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day with Irish Taoiseach Micheal Martin at the White House.