Below is this week’s congressional update by BakerHostetler’s Federal Policy team. We’ll continue to post in weeks when both chambers of Congress are in session.
- The United States and a multitude of other nations are working to help bolster Ukraine’s defenses and cripple Russia’s invading military and leadership, as war rages in Europe for the first time since World War II.
- President Joe Biden will deliver his first State of the Union address tomorrow night.
- The Senate begins its evaluation of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, whom Biden nominated to the Supreme Court Friday.
- The House is in session, with floor votes tonight through Thursday.
- The Energy and Commerce Consumer Protection Subcommittee tomorrow will hold a legislative hearing on protecting users online.
- Wednesday, the Financial Services Committee will hold a hearing on monetary policy with Federal Reserve Chair Jay Powell.
- The current schedule of committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate returns from recess, and senators will begin hosting visits Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson as leaders hope to confirm her to the court by early April.
- The Senate Armed Services Committee tomorrow will hold a hearing on global security challenges and strategy.
- Thursday, the Energy and Natural Resources Committee will hold a hearing with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on natural gas infrastructure.
- The full list of this week’s committee meetings can be found here.
- President Biden and senior officials from his administration are continuing to work with other world leaders in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- Biden will deliver his first State of the Union address tomorrow night.
- Wednesday, the president and first lady will travel to Superior, Wisconsin, to tout the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.