Below is the Federal Policy team’s weekly preview, posted when Congress is in session.
• Congress is aiming to wrap up the year by sending a large-scale funding and tax bill as well as a defense policy bill to the White House for President Donald Trump’s signature.
• The House will also vote on the U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade agreement.
• Trump will hold a campaign rally in Michigan on Wednesday – the same day the House is scheduled to vote on two articles of impeachment against the president.
- The House is in session Tuesday through Friday, the final week of the first session of the 116th Congress. The floor agenda includes impeachment, the trade agreement and legislation to fund the government through fiscal 2020.
- The Education and Labor Committee will hold a hearing Wednesday, “The Future of Work: Ensuring Workers are Competitive in a Rapidly Changing Economy.”
- The Foreign Affairs Committee will vote Thursday on a dozen various bills.
- The full list of this week’s House committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate will vote on the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act, sending it to the White House for Trump’s expected signature.
- The Foreign Relations Committee will vote Wednesday on a package of sanctions on Russia.
- The Energy and Natural Resources Committee will hold a hearing Thursday on the impact of California wildfires on the electric grid.
- The current list of Senate committee activity can be found here.
- Trump today will have lunch with Vice President Mike Pence and participate in a roundtable on regulatory innovation.
- Tuesday he will host the president of Guatemala.
- Wednesday, as the House votes to impeach him, Trump will hold a campaign rally in Battle Creek, Michigan.