Below is the Federal Policy team’s weekly preview, published when Congress is in session.
• The House will take up a legislative package aiming to shore up the Affordable Care Act and address prescription drug costs.
• President Donald Trump will host Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban at the White House.
• Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is in Russia, where he will meet Tuesday with Vladimir Putin.
- The House is in session Tuesday through Friday. The agenda includes a legislative package on health insurance and drug costs, as well as Democrats’ Equality Act.
- Appropriations season is in full swing, as three subcommittees mark up fiscal 2020 spending bills.
- The full list of this week’s House committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate will consider several Trump judicial nominees.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday will hold a hearing on 5G network technology.
- The current list of Senate committee activity can be found here.
- Trump today will host the Hungarian prime minister at the White House.
- Trump on Tuesday will tour a liquefied natural gas export facility and speak on energy infrastructure.
- Pompeo is visiting Russia for the first time as secretary of state, and Tuesday he will meet with Putin and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.