Below is the Federal Policy team’s weekly preview, published when Congress is in session.
• Chinese Vice Premier Liu He is scheduled to visit Washington, but President Donald Trump’s Twitter threats to raise tariffs on Chinese imports could disrupt not only the meeting but also the markets today.
• Trump will award the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Tiger Woods today.
- The House is in session Tuesday through Friday. Democrats will take up supplemental appropriations legislation for disaster-stricken areas, including Puerto Rico.
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee on Thursday will hold a hearing on the drug supply chain.
- The full list of this week’s House committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate will consider several Trump nominees, including two judges for the Second Circuit and board members for the Export-Import Bank.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday will hold a hearing on pharmaceutical patents.
- The current list of Senate committee activity can be found here.
- Trump will host a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday.
- Trump will attend a campaign rally in Florida on Wednesday.
- Trump will host the 2018 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox on Thursday.