Below is the Federal Policy team’s weekly preview, published when Congress is in session.
• Prescription drug costs will be back in the spotlight as the Senate Finance Committee holds a hearing focused on pharmacy benefit managers, and the House Ways and Means Committee takes up bipartisan legislation addressing drug prices.
• House Democrats plan to take up the Save the Internet Act before departing to Leesburg, Virginia, for a party policy retreat.
• The Senate will vote on several of President Donald Trump’s judicial and administrative nominees, after the Senate last week accelerated consideration of nominees.
- The House is in session today through Wednesday. The agenda centers on Democrats’ legislation to “save” the internet.
- The House Ways and Means Committee plans to take up several non-controversial bills that aim to address prescription drug prices.
- Several cabinet secretaries will testify on their agencies’ fiscal 2020 budget requests.
- The full list of this week’s House committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate will consider several Trump nominees, after changing its rules to process the nominations more quickly.
- The Finance Committee will hold a hearing Tuesday with executives from the largest pharmacy benefit managers.
- The Commerce Committee will hold a hearing Tuesday on pipeline safety.
- The current list of Senate committee activity can be found here.
- Trump on Tuesday will host Egyptian president Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi.
- Trump on Wednesday will be in Texas for a series of campaign events.
- Later in the week, the president will host South Korean President Moon Jae-in.