Below is the Federal Policy team’s weekly preview, published each week when Congress is in session.
• The House will take up H.R. 1, a broad measure addressing voting rights, campaign finance and government ethics laws.
• Michael Cohen, the former attorney for President Donald Trump, continues his behind-closed-doors testimony at the House Intelligence Committee.
• Congressional committees continue intense scrutiny of the pharmaceutical industry.
- The House is in session Tuesday through Friday. Democrats’ For the People Act leads the agenda.
- The Ways and Means Committee has a busy week, including hearings on infrastructure and drug prices.
- Two Supreme Court justices, Samuel Alito and Elena Kagan, will make a rare appearance at a House Appropriations Committee hearing on the court’s budget.
- The full list of this week’s House committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate will continue processing Trump’s judicial nominees, beginning with this evening’s proceedings.
- The Senate Special Committee on Aging is beginning a series of hearings on drug prices.
- The Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Security is holding a hearing on “China Challenges for U.S. Commerce.”
- The current list of Senate committee activity can be found here.
- Trump today is welcoming the NCAA Division I FCS national champion North Dakota Bison to the White House. Go Bison!
- Trump on Wednesday will attend the first meeting of the American Workforce Advisory Board.
- European Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstroem will be in Washington this week for meetings with her counterpart, Robert Lighthizer, as the two sides prepare for trade negotiations.